UC San Francisco has a robust sustainability program covering sustainability activities across the entire campus and medical center. Formal and grassroot efforts are happening in many areas of the organization. Find out more about these efforts at the Sustainability Dashboard located in the Review Metrics & Annual Report links above.
UCSF Sustainability Stories
Facts and Tips
Fact and Tip:
Join Our ListServ
Get Involved / Stay Informed
This section contains news and resources to inform and engage you to support sustainability activities on campus, at home, and in the community.
Health & Sustainability News
- How a Kansas community held off a Tyson plant.
- New study shows air pollution may be causing kidney disease in the US.
- Far away from any witnesses, my small town is being poisoned by fracking waste.
- Move over malaria: Mosquitoes carrying Zika, dengue may thrive in warmer Africa.
- How Gaza's only escape turned deadly.
- China’s most notorious e-waste dumping ground now cleaner but poorer.
- North Carolina tells Chemours to give bottled water to its neighbors.
- Air pollution tied to kidney disease.
- Human frontiers: How much heat can the body and mind take?
- Safe air pollution doesn’t exist: Even low levels may cause kidney damage.