UCSF Sustainability Stories
SAVE THE DATE May 2nd: UCSF’s Sustainability Awards and LivingGreen Office/Lab Certifications
Deborah Fleischer, Green Impact, March 2013
Here are four ways to join the fun and support UCSF’s sustainability efforts:
*Nominate a co-worker for a sustainability award by March 18th
* Attend the Sustainability Awards & LivingGreen Office and Lab Certifications ceremony May 2nd, noon
* Submit your artwork for the recycled/reclaimed art show
* Attend the LivingGreen Fair May 9th 11 am - 2 pm.
Nominate a Co-Worker for a Sustainability Award
Nominations are now being accepted for the third Annual Sustainability Awards. Faculty, staff, students and teams that are employed, enrolled or affiliated with UCSF are all eligible. LivingGreen Office, Labs and event teams are welcome to apply!
All nominees must met at least one of the following criteria:
1. Engaged the campus/medical center in an ongoing dialogue about reaching UCSF’s environmental sustainability goals;
2. Gone above and beyond the duties of their position to integrate environmental sustainability into existing campus programs in education, research, operations, and public service;
3. Instilled a culture of sustainable practices amongst their peers; and/or
4. Shown a positive impact on UCSF’s sustainability goals.
Nominators must specify the person or team that best fulfilled the selection criteria listed above. Self-nominations are permissible and encouraged.
Attend May 2nd Ceremony
On May 2, noon in C-701 we will announce the sustainability award winners, as well as present the LivingGreen office, lab and event certificates. If you are seeking certification, plan on attending.
Submit your Artwork for the Recycled/Reclaimed Art Show
Join The Visual Arts Club at UCSF for our inaugural Art Show featuring recycled and reclaimed artwork by the UCSF community. We will be showing the artwork at The LivingGreen Fair on Thursday, May 9, 2013, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm. All UCSF, students, staff and facility are invited to join the show.
Criteria for art to be submitted into the show:
All submittals must be made 99% from recycled, reused or reclaimed material. Please see suggestions below.
If you are interested in recycled materials please let us know and we can put you in contact with the UCSF Recycling Coordinators.
• Used wood, metal, tiles, material
• Used canvas (if you are a painter, you could paint over an old painting)
• Photography should be reclaimed photos. Maybe, old photos painted, collages
• Styrofoam, cardboard, discarded packaging, plastic bags, containers, lids
• Used toys, jewelry, clothing, dishes
Please download application for more details, including specific art drop and pick up instructions. All art may be for sale if you choose to sell your piece. Please provide a photo of your artwork along with your completed application.
For questions, please call Pilar Deer 514-1614. You can view the flier by clicking here