Review Metrics & Annual Reports
FY11-12 Annual Report - Culture Shift Work Group
Lisa Cisneros, Campus Public Relations and Laurie Itow, Medical Center Marketing
Inform, educate and engage the university community and beyond to act more sustainably.
There is no UC policy with regard to behavior change or culture shift but this is an important effort to engage the UCSF community.
- Held a successful 12th annual green event, now called the LivingGreen Fair/Bike to Work Day on May 10. This event focused on engaging the UCSF community on the UCSF Sustainability Action Plan and its six strategic objectives. Tables were hosted by the 9 work groups, environmental organizations, government agencies, and green goods and services ranging from architects to NGO’s offered lead testing of jewelry, toys, and ceramics. Sixty-five vendors and 1000 attendees participated.
- First Annual Sustainability Awards - 28 nominees and five winners in the faculty, staff, student and team categories and certified 19 LivingGreen Offices.
- Bike to Work Day attracted over 800 cycling participants who received lunch and energy station snacks along their route to Parnassus and Mission Bay.
- Partnered with UCSF and SFGH libraries for a UCSF Book Drive June 6-17. Over 1400 pounds of books collected.
- LivingGreen at UCSF website traffic increased from 547 to 1625 unique visitors and 3853 total visits I FY11-12.
- Released LivingGreen at UCSF engagement video with over 1700 hits on You Tube since release in May and was shown at two events: the California Higher Education Sustainability Conference and Practice GreenHealth Conference to over 1000 viewers.
- Identify and reward department level representatives for sustainable practices through the LivingGreen Office, LivingGreen Labs, and Living Green Events, Sustainability Awards, and other venues and events
- Provide sustainability education at New Employee Orientation through presentation, slide show, video, etc.
- Coordinate with Zero Waste group to migrate their website materials to Sustainability Website with a landing page and additional webpages.
- Develop more website traffic through social media: Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr Blog.
- Coordinate with Medical Center for development of Medical Center website presence through a landing page and additional webpages, including a Sustainability Report on the website
- Launch occupant level engagement marketing effort to gain pledges and LGO, LGL, LGE certifications.
- Number of participants in the LivingGreen certifications for office, labs, events, and caterers
- Number of pledges, unique visitors to the website
- Engaging students, staff, and faculty when there are competing demands on their attention
Related Links and Resources
LivingGreen at UCSF Video
Call for Nominations – Sustainability Awards
Spotlight on LivingGreen Champion: Kristen Fitzhenry
Green Campus Interns Needed!
Spotlight on LivingGreen Champion: Gerti Partsch-Miller
Ten 2012 LIiingGreen Resolutions
Spotlight on LIvingGreen Champion: Carly Clemence
LivingGreen Office Assessment at the School of Medicine Dean’s Office
Just Released! UCSF’s Sustainability Action Plan
Spotlight on LivingGreen Champion: Dr, Susan Ryan
Spotlight on LivingGreen Champion: Bruce Adams
Spotlight on LivingGreen Champion: Aria Yow
Spotlight on LivingGreen Champion: Andrew Bird
Spotlight on Sustainability: UCSF Team Sustainability Award Winner: Food and Nutrition Services
Spotlight on Sustainability: UCSF Staff Sustainability Award Winner: Steve Dalton
Spotlight in Sustainability: UCSF Faculty Sustainability Award Winner: Dr. Tom Newman
Spotlight on Sustainability: UCSF Staff Sustainability Award Winner: Maric Munn
Four UCSF Green Champions Receive Annual Sustainability Award
Spotlight on Sustainability: Best Practices from UCSF Green Champion Adele Dow
Spring: The Perfect Time to Start A Green Team
Spotlight on Sustainability: Dr. Daphne Miller Promotes the Park Prescription
UC Sustainability Wins Award
Sustainability at UCSF: Building Momentum Toward Sustainable Practices
UCSF Medical Center Receives Recognition for Sustainable Practices