UC San Francisco has a robust sustainability program covering sustainability activities across the entire campus and medical center. Formal and grassroot efforts are happening in many areas of the organization. Find out more about these efforts at the Sustainability Dashboard located under Review Metrics & Annual Report.
UCSF Sustainability Stories
Greening the Health System
Facts and Tips
Use that ceiling fan
If it gets too hot to keep the windows open, make sure to turn on the ceiling fan before resorting to the A/C. Ceiling fans use less energy and can be just as effective in many cases. Make sure the fan spins counterclockwise to circulate cool air. Read More
Join Our ListServ
Get our monthly newsletter for sustainability stories, events, tips, and employee discounts.
Get Involved / Stay Informed
Reduce your carbon footprint by following these tips:
Climate Crisis News
- Toxic algae blooms are multiplying. The government has no plan to help.
- A US small-town mayor sued the oil industry. Then Exxon went after him.
- Is sucking carbon out of the air the solution to our climate crisis?
- Forget your carbon footprint. Let's talk about your climate shadow.
- Book review: How our planet grew so warm
- At Climate Summit, can the world move from talk to action?
- Key to Biden's climate agenda likely to be cut because of Manchin
- Peter Dykstra: The other destructive Columbus