UC San Francisco has a robust sustainability program covering sustainability activities across the entire campus and medical center. Formal and grassroot efforts are happening in many areas of the organization. Find out more about these efforts at the Sustainability Dashboard located under Review Metrics & Annual Report.
Greening the Health System
Facts and Tips
Tread lightly in the wilderness by adhering to “Leave No Trace” camping practices. Do not burn plastics, food packaging or metals. Make sure to pack biodegradable soap, reusable dishes and utensils, and always leave your campsite better than you found it! Make an impact by picking up litter- even if it isn’t yours. Read More
Join Our ListServ
Get our monthly newsletter for sustainability stories, events, tips, and employee discounts.
Get Involved / Stay Informed
Reduce your carbon footprint by following these tips:
Climate Crisis News
- Can Colorado sell enough EVs to hit its climate change goals?
- How to manage migration intensified by climate change
- White House adviser led grassroots N.J. clean energy fights
- Climate change is setting us up for a terrible wildfire season; it's also killing off rare California elk
- Pandemic lockdowns did cut air pollution—but with a catch
- Switching to renewable energy is often dirty. Tech like blockchain can help
- Turning cow poop into energy sounds like a good idea - but not everyone is on board
- Scientists watch Arctic polar bears to track climate change