UC San Francisco has a robust sustainability program covering sustainability activities across the entire campus and medical center. Formal and grassroot efforts are happening in many areas of the organization. Find out more about these efforts at the Sustainability Dashboard located under Review Metrics & Annual Report.
Greening the Health System
Facts and Tips
Use a power strip
Vampire power, phantom loads or ghost loads — whatever you want to call it, your electronic devices are quietly sucking your power. Starting today, plug your electronics into an easily accessible power strip. Turn it off when those items aren't being used.
Join Our ListServ
Get our monthly newsletter for sustainability stories, events, tips, and employee discounts.
Get Involved / Stay Informed
Reduce your carbon footprint by following these tips:
Climate Crisis News
- Gordon Feller: Electric vehicles are helping new players in the energy marketplace.
- How land conservation in Allegheny County can help mitigate big problems
- Pennsylvania: Wolf, legislature draw closer to more tax breaks for the natural gas industry
- The 2030 Calculator from Doconomy helps brands calculate footprints
- Report: Sustainable ocean policies provide big economic benefits
- EPA rejects tougher air quality standards, says 2015 limits are sufficient
- G.A.O.: Trump boosts deregulation by undervaluing cost of climate change
- The most powerful renewable energy