UC San Francisco has a robust sustainability program covering sustainability activities across the entire campus and medical center. Formal and grassroot efforts are happening in many areas of the organization. Find out more about these efforts at the Sustainability Dashboard located under Review Metrics & Annual Report.
Greening the Health System
Facts and Tips
Offset your flight
Flying isn't good for the environment. In fact, one roundtrip flight from SFO to San Diego releases 732 pounds of carbon dioxide. Luckily, this can be offset with just $2. The Good Traveler allows you to calculate the distance of your trip, buy offsets ( $2 per 1,000 air miles), and invest your money in carbon reduction projects. Read More
Join Our ListServ
Get our monthly newsletter for sustainability stories, events, tips, and employee discounts.
Get Involved / Stay Informed
Reduce your carbon footprint by following these tips:
Climate Crisis News
- Where now grizzly bear?
- Is it time for an emergency rollout of carbon-eating machines?
- What a Biden presidency means for the National Parks
- WATCH: The Klamath River is the lifeblood of the Yurok tribe
- Lasers find forest gaps to aid tree mortality studies in Brazilian Amazon
- Climate change puts pressure on failing Caribbean water supplies
- Kate Aronoff: The fossil fuel industry thinks it will have a good year under Biden
- The true cost of energy monopolies