UC San Francisco has a robust sustainability program covering sustainability activities across the entire campus and medical center. Formal and grassroot efforts are happening in many areas of the organization. Find out more about these efforts at the Sustainability Dashboard located under Review Metrics & Annual Report.
UCSF Sustainability Stories
Greening the Health System
Facts and Tips
Think Before You Buy
The KonMari method has caused many to declutter items in their household that don’t ‘spark joy’. While decluttering is great, it sparks the question… Where do these things go? Next time you’re at the store, ask yourself whether this purchase is really necessary, especially when it comes to fast fashion. Instead, try to buy a little bit less and to buy better quality so ensure your item will… Read More
Join Our ListServ
Get our monthly newsletter for sustainability stories, events, tips, and employee discounts.
Get Involved / Stay Informed
Reduce your carbon footprint by following these tips:
Climate Crisis News
- Trump casts self as Great Lakes champion, but his policies may do lasting damage
- Are military efforts to clean up and replace toxic ‘forever chemicals’ cutting it?
- Three First Nations file suit against Ford government over lack of consultation on forestry
- Smoke from California's record wildfires is its own disaster
- 'Wet ashtray' wine grapes left to birds as fires choke West Coast vineyards
- Noam Chomsky’s climate crisis and the Green New Deal takes on capitalism and politics
- In Maine, Collins’ loyalty to Trump has dissolved climate activists’ support
- This won't be the climate election after all. So what?