UC San Francisco has a robust sustainability program covering sustainability activities across the entire campus and medical center. Formal and grassroot efforts are happening in many areas of the organization. Find out more about these efforts at the Sustainability Dashboard located under Review Metrics & Annual Report.
Greening the Health System
Facts and Tips
Did you know that 40% of the food in the US is never eaten? A recent study found that 42% of UC students are food insecure. Sign up to be a food provider with the Food 4 UCSF Students app. Read More
Join Our ListServ
Get our monthly newsletter for sustainability stories, events, tips, and employee discounts.
Get Involved / Stay Informed
Reduce your carbon footprint by following these tips:
Climate Crisis News
- Starving cows. Fallow farms. The Arizona drought is among the worst in the country
- $1 trillion infrastructure bill pours money into long-delayed needs
- Why it's so hard and expensive to plug an abandoned well
- Mon Valley on pace for twice as many hydrogen sulfide violations as last year
- Renewables overtake coal, but natural gas still dominates U.S. power generation
- Pennsylvania among worst states in nation in outdoor economic value, says study
- Pittsburgh’s air quality in 2021 on pace to have one of worst years in recent history
- Can a forgotten coastal dune ecosystem thrive again? Scientists are trying to find out.