UC San Francisco has a robust sustainability program covering sustainability activities across the entire campus and medical center. Formal and grassroot efforts are happening in many areas of the organization. Find out more about these efforts at the Sustainability Dashboard located under Review Metrics & Annual Report.
Greening the Health System
Facts and Tips
Each year, 6 million tons of single-use plastics, such as disposable utensils, are discarded and end up in landfills or oceans. Say “no” to plastic cutlery. Pack your own! Read More
Join Our ListServ
Get our monthly newsletter for sustainability stories, events, tips, and employee discounts.
Get Involved / Stay Informed
Reduce your carbon footprint by following these tips:
Climate Crisis News
- Sustainability index drops Tesla, prompting insult from Musk
- How TC Energy pressured RCMP to enforce injunction on Wet'suwet'en territory
- Bad news for the 2022 hurricane season: The Loop Current, a fueler of monster storms, is looking a lot like it did in 2005, the year of Katrina
- New soccer team Vermont Green FC aims for social and environmental justice
- Illegal mining footprint swells nearly 500% inside Brazil Indigenous territories
- Droughts, fires and floods: Could climate change decide Australia′s election?
- Western fire weather days increasing
- EU unveils €300 billion plan to reduce its energy dependency on Russia