UC San Francisco has a robust sustainability program covering sustainability activities across the entire campus and medical center. Formal and grassroot efforts are happening in many areas of the organization. Find out more about these efforts at the Sustainability Dashboard located under Review Metrics & Annual Report.
Greening the Health System
Facts and Tips
Cook from scratch!
Cooking from scratch can save your health, wallet and the environment! Processed food, although convenient, is full of wasted energy, oil, and water and has little nutritional value. Next time you’re craving a specialty food, try making it yourself. Be sure to compost your food scraps for extra green points. Follow the link to learn more. Read More
Join Our ListServ
Get our monthly newsletter for sustainability stories, events, tips, and employee discounts.
Get Involved / Stay Informed
Reduce your carbon footprint by following these tips:
Climate Crisis News
- The Hoover Dam made life in the West possible. Or so we thought
- The draw—and deadliness—of American denial
- Canada declares plastics toxic, paving the way for restrictions
- How climate change is making allergy season even worse
- 'Worst day': Water crisis deepens on California-Oregon line
- A starfish is born: hope for key species hit by gruesome disease
- NOAA’s ‘new normals’ climate data raises questions about what’s normal
- ExxonMobil worked to shift climate blame to individual consumers