Call for Nominations: 2020 Sustainability Awards!
Know someone who deserves to be recognized for their sustainability efforts at UCSF?
Nominate yourself, a student, staff, faculty, or green team for the 10th Annual Sustainability Awards!
Deadline to apply is Extended to April 13, 2020
Sustainability Awards Program By-Laws
The UCSF Advisory Committee on Sustainability (UACS) launched the first Sustainability Awards in 2011, which recognizes staff, students, faculty and teams for their contributions to sustainability at UCSF.
The nominee must be employed, enrolled or affiliated at UCSF and act as an individual or a team who deserves recognition.
The ideal candidate is an individual or group that has demonstrated action in each of the following categories:
1. Engaged the campus/medical center in an ongoing dialogue about reaching UCSF’s environmental sustainability goals;
2. Gone above and beyond the duties of their position to integrate environmental sustainability into existing campus programs in education, research, operations, and public service;
3. Instilled a culture of sustainable practices amongst their peers; and/or
4. Shown a positive impact on UCSF’s sustainability goals.
The nominee must be employed, enrolled or affiliated at UCSF. Nominators must specify the person or team that had the most responsibility for fulfilling the selection criteria listed above at UCSF. Self-nominations are permissible and encouraged. Prior winners are not eligible. Nominations must submitted with adequate detail to be evaluated objectively.
2. UACS Awards Selection Committee. Members will vote for 2 staff members, 1 student, and 1 team nominee. The Academic Senate Ad-hoc Sustainability Committee will select the faculty award. The nominees will be scored based upon the criteria above and the candidate with the highest score in each category shall be the recipients for the year.
3. The awards will be presented at the Sustainability Awards Ceremony in June each year.
Winners will be announced at the Annual Sustainability Awards ceremony
Winners will receive an environmental friendly award certificate, campus-wide recognition and be eligible for registration scholarship to the Annual California Higher Education Sustainability Conference.
Co-Chair of the UCSF’s Advisory Committee on Sustainability
Senior Associate Vice Chancellor, Real Estate, UCSF
Vice President, Real Estate, UCSF Health
Senior Vice President
Chief Operating Officer