Equipment Reuse Program
At UCSF, we believe in reducing waste and reusing what we can. In partnership with Information Technology (IT) and Facilities Services (FS), we provide repurposed office equipment that is in used but good condition to help employees save money in setting up onsite or remote workstations. Types of equipment and availability vary throughout the year. Please read carefully through the details below.
Types of equipment
Computer Peripherals (e.g. display monitors, keyboards, mice)
Availability and supply depend on the frequency of e-waste pickups from IT and FS. If items are not in stock, we maintain an ongoing, first come first serve waitlist. Please fill out the Agreement & Request Form below to be added to the waitlist.
Pickup will be scheduled on a regular basis as items become available. Pickup is at Mission Bay - Mission Hall 6400 unless notified otherwise.
Due to regulations on e-waste recycling, all electronic items must be returned to UCSF at the end of its life or when recipient is no longer employed by UCSF.
Office Furniture (e.g. chairs, desks, cabinets)
Availability and supply depend on office- or building-wide moveout events. These events will be announced as broadly as possible: through this webpage, the sustainability email listserv, and other UCSF-wide listservs.
For each furniture event, we will post an inventory and “Interest Form” for you to submit. If we confirm your item’s availability, you will still need to complete the Agreement & Request form prior to pickup.
Because we don’t have the capability to store furniture or other large items, the items must be picked up shortly after announcement. Pickup location varies depending on where the furniturehas been left by previous owners.
Furniture does not need to be returned to UCSF.
Office Furniture - July-August 2022
Start by confirming your UCSF affiliation, after that you’ll be redirected to the inventory page.
Items must be picked up by August 12, 2022.
Agreement & Request Form
The form includes the following terms of agreement:
- The equipment is the property of UCSF and should only be used for UCSF business purposes.
- Recipient/Department is responsible for the removal and transport of items to their onsite or remote office
- Recipient/Department will be responsible for maintaining and securing the reused equipment, in addition to using it in a manner consistent with UCSF ergonomic guidelines
- UCSF IT might not support certain models of reused equipment
- Department/Recipient agree to indemnify and hold The Regents of the University of California harmless from any and all claims, actions, suits, procedures, costs, expenses, damages and liabilities, including attorney’s fees brought by third parties, including personal injury, accidents, illnesses (including death), and property loss arising from, but not limited to, their removal and relocation of the selected equipment.