Greening the Health System
Recycling and Reduction RevolutionWe care about health, our patients, and our planet.
We are excited to announce that the Recycling and Reduction Revolution is coming this month to UCSF Health. Look out this month for new standardized waste stations, new signage, plus fun recycling trainings with a chance to win sustainable prizes.
Learn more about the Recycling and Reduction Revolution
In short, medical centers create a large amount of waste when fulfilling our daily operations. Here at UCSF we care about our health, our patients, and our planet so we are creating a new strategy to not only recycle more, but also reduce the overall amount of waste. In addition, we want to meet the sustainability waste goals set by the UC Office of the President.
- Implement standardized waste stations by adding and removing excess bins
- Update recycling/ landfill/ compost signage
- Conduct waste roundings
- Answer FAQ regarding waste sorting
Parnassus – 9/20 – 9/24
Mt. Zion – 9/27 – 9/30
Mission Bay – 9/27 – 10/1
- Sign up to be a green champion and become a sustainability steward in your department.
- Managers & Directors: Join us for a virtual brown bag lunch on Wednesday September 15th 12-1pm to learn about what changes are coming to your department. See more information. If you missed the session, review the slidedeck
- All Staff: UCSF Health will be hosting 20 min Choose the Right Bin training sessions to teach all staff proper waste sorting at UCSFH! Come learn how to choose the right bin, get answers from recycling experts, and enter drawings for eco-friendly prizes.
Register here: Parnassus, Mission Bay, or Mount Zion