Welcome to UCSF!
We’re working hard to achieve Zero Waste by 2020 and Carbon Neutrality by 2025, as per UC policy. Our emissions reduction directly benefits public health through improved air quality, and waste reduction diverts resources from being landfilled. Watch the video and learn about some of the ways you can get involved.
Sign up for our newsletter to receive monthly updates. Get a free mug with your signup!
Learn about our sustainability offers:
- Employee Discounts: Chinook Book, EV/hybrid vehicles, and more!
- Free Office Equipment: Save your department $$, reduce e-waste, and improve telecommuting! Adopt lightly-used monitors for your campus or home office. Availability varies throughout the year.
- ULT Freezer Rebates: Get rebated up to $4500 for buying energy efficient freezers for your lab
- Food 4 Students: Reduce food waste and give leftover catered food to UCSF students. Sign up at https://saa.ucsf.edu/food/
Become a green champion in the workplace!
- Get LivingGreen Certified and receive recognition from the Chancellor for hosting zero-waste events or greening your workspace. We’ll guide you through the process and help you find ways to green your office, lab, or clinical unit.
- Visit our Carbon Neutral by 2025 page to learn tips on how you can reduce your carbon footprint and download our campaign posters for your office.
Learn more and stay updated:
- View our sustainability dashboard to learn how we track and measure our progress in areas of carbon emissions, waste, water, and more.
- Explore the connection between climate change and human health here.
- Check out our resource library for shareable climate education tools.
- Learn to sort your waste! Test your knowledge with our waste sorting quiz.